Cannabis Advertising – Entry Types
Entries signify a corporate image through the use of visual and/or audio design that identify a brand. Includes digital, social, mobile, live events.
- 360° Brand Design
- Brand Experience (includes Trade Show booths, etc.)
- Brand Film/Video
- Dispensary/Retail Store Design (floor plan, interior design, fixtures)
- Logo only
- Promotional Product (giveaways, product samples, gift with purchase, etc.)
- Sound Branding (jingles, trademarks, idents, etc.)
- All Other Brand Identity
Entries blend advertising and entertainment to fulfill a brand’s marketing strategy. Includes fiction, non-fiction/reality, scripted and/or unscripted.
- Broadcast, Cable, Streaming, Satellite Television
- Film (theatrically released)
- Printed Content
- User/Audience Generated Content
- All Other Branded Content
Can be print or online magazines, catalogs, annual reports, product brochures, etc.
Entries are commercials run on broadcast, cable, satellite television, video streaming services, and internet.
Online entries are commercials run on the internet.
- Broadcast, Cable, Satellite Television, Streaming
- All Other Platforms
DIGITAL – Mobile
Entries are advertising delivered digitally to mobile phones, tablets or other mobile devices.
- Mobile Marketing
- All Other Digital Mobile
DIGITAL – Online
Entries are advertising delivered via the internet.
- Online Ads (banners, pop-ups, etc.)
- Online Video (interactive, social, etc.)
- Viral Marketing
- Websites (microsites, landing pages, blogs, etc.)
- All Other Digital Online
Advertising that elicits a direct response and/or call to action. Includes business-to-business and consumer.
- Digital Direct
- Email Marketing
- Physical Mail (postcards, flyers, etc.)
- All Other Direct (product sample kits, client gifts, invitations, etc.)
Entries use unconventional means of reaching the public or attempt to tie a product to an event when the customer is unaware of the marketing effort to obtain maximum exposure.
- Guerilla/Ambush Marketing
IMMERSIVE MEDIA MARKETING
Technology used to create a simulated environment and/or a real-world environment in which elements are added by computer generated components to enhance an experience.
- Augmented Reality (AR) Marketing
- Virtual Reality (VR) Marketing – Desktop
- Virtual Reality (VR) Marketing – Mobile
Entries combine at least two (2) different entry types to convey a company’s advertising/marketing/branding message.
Digital Only Integrated Campaigns combine at least two (2) different digital entry types to convey a company’s advertising/marketing/branding message.
- Integrated Campaign
- Integrated Campaign – Digital/Online Only
LIFESTYLE CONTENT MARKETING
Advertising/Marketing of a product or service that embodies the interest, attitudes, and opinions of a group or a culture
- Lifestyle Content Marketing
Entries are advertising/marketing/branding specifically intended to reach consumers outside their home such as Transit Ads, Billboards, Outdoor Posters, Installations, etc.
- All Other Outdoor
POINT-OF-PURCHASE (POP) / AMBIENT
Entries are in-store point of sale dispensary/retail advertising; includes temporary, semi-permanent, permanent.
- Counter/Cash wrap/Register/Checkout Displays
- Dispensary/Retail Store Design
- Featured Displays (end caps, aisles, shelf, etc.)
- Interactive Kiosk/Display
- Pop-Up Shop/Store
- Product Demonstrations (digital, live)
- Signage (digital, print)
- Vendor Shop (leased/allotted space for a specific retailer/brand within a retail store/dispensary, etc.)
- Window Displays
- All Other Point-of-Purchase/Ambient
Advertising/branding printed in periodicals (magazines, newspapers, journals, etc.). Actual publications, brochures or books should be entered in Brochure/Books
- Print – Business-to-Business (B2B)
- Print – Business-to-Consumer (B2C)
- Print – Inserts (foldouts, product samples, supplemental, etc.)
- All Other Print (includes indoor posters)
Communication that supports a beneficial relationship between a company (or non-profit) and its public.
- Public/Media Relations
Entries can either be from terrestrial, satellite or internet radio. Entries can include commercials, podcasts, infomercials, jingles, sound branding, etc.
SOCIAL MEDIA Marketing
Creating & sharing content via social networking. Includes cross-channeling between social media.
- Social Media Marketing
Professionally created advertising for personal use only (without an established relationship with a paid client). Entries are limited to: work created especially for competition or a personal portfolio. (Spec work is only accepted in Category 338)
- Spec Work – Professional